All 50 states in under a quarter of a second!!!

Lois Griffin: You should spend some time with our kids, Peter. And with me. Peter Griffin: Uh, what could me and you do together? [Lois giggles] Peter Griffin: Lois. You've got a sick mind. Lois Griffin: Peter, I'm talking about making love. Peter Griffin: Oh. I thought you wanted us to murder the children and harvest their organs for beer money

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Youth In Revolt!!


Finally!!!! My favorite book is coming soon to the silver screen. Since I can't write a book review, I found one that pretty much says it all about this cult classic.

"The Funniest Book You'll Read This Year"- says the NY Times about the fictional story of Nick Twisp and his erstwhile diaries. I'd say more like the funniest book you'll read in your LIFE. The story focuses on the 14 year old youth, and his die-hard efforts to win over (and then keep) the girl of his dreams: Sheeni Saunders, the ultimate intellectual goad. Written in the form of a diary, we follow Nick through the trials and tribulations that his life brings him: A mother who is expecting a baby during (ugh) middle age, an asshole father who is in arrears on his child support payments, and his mom's vast array of boyfriends including Wally, the laconic truck driver, and Lance, the demonic cop. After accidentally blowing up half of Berkley, CA's gormet ghetto, Nick is forced to flee from his mom's house to Ukiah, CA...home of his father and Sheeni. When the police catch up to him, Nick is forced to flee again, this time doning the atire of a woman and calling himself Bertha Ulansky, whose mother is "a famous obscure film personality". The book takes place of the course of 5 1/2 months of Nick's hectic life, finally leaving us with a clif-hanger ending that drags us into book four. (Youth In Revolt is actually 3 shorter books, previously published seperately, combined into one.) All in all, I must say that this is the greatest book I have ever read, and you can commonly hear me spouting references to it (that no one gets...) and comparing it to the likes of the Bible in its glory. The genuis of author C.D. Payne is so awesome that you really have to read this book more than once to get the full effect. Personally, I have read the book 43 times cover to cover in the last 5 years. This one is definately tops.

1 Things for me to hate you for saying

At 11:45 PM, Blogger eb said...

you and nick twisp are forever tied in my brain; whenever i picture crazy adolescent eric, i can't help but think of trailers and cross-dressing - probably because you're the one that lent the book to me, but i also think that you would've been friends (were he not fictional and all...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home